We have an over supply of eggs and I’ve been hunting the internet and my books for eggspiration and I stumbled upon a recipe for stromboli which I thought would work great adapted to a bacon and egg style pie and oh my it is delicious it’s now in my top 3 egg dishes!! The great thing about this dish is not only can you use whatever filling you have on hand you can also eat the leftovers for breakfast!
The dough recipe I’m including below can also be used for a yummy crunchy crusty bread loaf just bake in a preheated oven at 220C (or 425F) for 30 mins ( time may differ depending on your oven)
Rustic Bread Dough Recipe
1C warm water
1Tbsp Olive oil
2 1/4 C Bread flour
- Mix water, sugar and salt in mixing bowl with yeast stirring to dissolve
- Beat in flour and olive oil then knead until springy
- Cover ( TIP* I re-use and re-wash a disposable shower cap) and leave for one hour in a warm place
- Roll Out Dough into one big piece or into 4 (or however many you need) smaller pieces – Now you can either cut out triangles so you have open parts in the dough or leave it as a big piece
- Add your fillings of choice we added Bacon, Kale, Tomato, Scrambled egg, mixed herbs and cheddar cheese
- Fold up the sides and either twist a knot at the top or place the seam underneath
- Bake at 200C for about 20 mins or until golden brown
I hope you enjoy this scrumptious delight now I am off to enjoy the sun that has finally shown its face and spend some time outside with the kidlets and animals!